About J. Brooks Davis
Brooks graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in finance and attended the Charleston School of Law.
After college, Brooks worked for Merrill Lynch as a financial consultant helping people reach their investment goals.
In 1991, Brooks co-founded an aircraft charter and management company based in Charleston. He started several other businesses including aircraft dealerships, service centers and FBOs, and sold multi-million dollar jets for one of the world’s leading aircraft brokerages.
On the morning of September 11, 2001, Brooks piloted a flight into New York City and personally witnessed the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. After this, he decided to leave the private sector and pursue a career in public service. Brooks attended the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and later served the City of Charleston as a police officer. As a police officer Brooks served in patrol, traffic and was chief pilot of the aviation unit.
As your attorney, Brooks brings you the practical insight and experience you need to succeed in today's complex legal environment.
Areas of practice
- Charleston School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Carolina, B.S.
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- South Carolina Bar Drone Task Force
- National Business Aircraft Association
- Member, Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Panel Attorney, AOPA Legal Services Plan
- Member, National College for DUI Defense
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Board of Directors, Charleston Pro Bono Legal Services
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Admitted to practice in the State and Federal District Courts
- Attended the FBI Academy, Quantico, VA
- Captain, South Carolina State Guard, JAG
- Co-Founder, DavisAir, Inc., Charleston, SC
- Federal Public Defender’s Office, Charleston, SC
- President, Conn Mooney Aircraft Sales, Inc., Danbury, CT
- Police Officer, Chief Pilot, City of Charleston Police Department
- Financial Consultant, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc.